Operations Orchestration Review

We're able to automate various situations, such as rebooting Service Manager. The customization prompts are a little awkward and not very intuitive.

Valuable Features

Although we've just started using it, the automation feature, of course, is the most valuable feature for us. We also use the server exchange a bit and I use it for many routines, including rebooting systems.

Improvements to My Organization

We haven't really implemented it much into our processes, but it's already a time saver for us. We're able to automate various situations. For example, for three years, I've had to reboot my HP Service Manager system every week manually, taking about 30-40 minutes each time. Now, I can just press a button, wait five minutes, press the button again, and the system is upgraded.

Room for Improvement

It's not a perfect solution, such as with the customization prompts. They're a little awkward and not very intuitive.

We've had no issues with deployment.

I'd say that the stability is good. Again, the customization prompts aren't so intuitive and we made mistakes. However, we were able to fix those ourselves, but they could have been prevented.

We haven't scaled, but we have looked at it and it's quite scalable and usable for other parts of our organization. We could easily allow other people to use Orchestration.

We are planning to do it within Knowledge Management, for example, to have automated fixes in it and in Service Manager so that they can just click A or L and then run the Orchestration scenario to fix the problem.

I don't think we've ever had to contact technical support.

The initial setup was straightforward. We haven't implemented it that much yet because we have a standalone server with the system, so we opened a couple of firewalls. To get the routines correct, though, it's quite complex.

ROI

I've seen ROI almost right away. There's maybe eight or ten hours of setup to get a good scenario and then that's saved up in ten weeks for me at least.

Other Solutions Considered

We're an HP shop and it's management's choice to use HP software.