Operations Orchestration Review

The main driver for us is its event remediation function. We can get alerts in Operations Manager, extract the relevant information, and either send an email to our customers or use it for escalation.

Valuable Features:

The main driver for us using this is for its event remediation function. We can get alerts in Operations Manager, extract the relevant information, and either send an email to our customers or use it for escalation.

It's also easy to use and we don't have to go through a lot of extensive training. Even other teams within our organization have started to leverage it because it's easy to use.

Improvements to My Organization:

We've reduced the amount of time it would take to resolve an incident or to send an escalation to a customer. It's saved us many man hours.

Room for Improvement:

I'd like to see it in an active-active infrastructure so that if one goes down, the other picks up automatically. Only an active-passive application exists currently.

Also, there are automation tools out there that are more unified -- network, database, servers. Operations Orchestration doesn't do everything and you need to buy other components for other tasks.

Deployment Issues:

It's deployed well for us.

Stability Issues:

It's been stable for the most part. We had issues during event remediation when a lot of alerts were going through it and we had to increase RAM and CPU to handle the load.

Scalability Issues:

We haven't yet tested its limits or maxed it out yet.

Previous Solutions:

We have a mix of products and it's not the only automation product we have. We're a big HP shop and it's good that it can integrate with other HP solutions that we use.

Other Advice:

I would advise you to list all your use cases first, and really figure out what their trying to do. It's easy, is an easy orchestration tool. It's very visual. If you're not looking to code a lot, it's pretty cool. And it just depends on the level of skillset you have in the organization.

From a coding perspective, if there are open search tools out there that require more expertise than actually scripting, in this, you don't do that. You go to the studio and you drag and drop things and you make things work. So from that perspective it's easy. It's more UI driven.