Operations Orchestration Review

Brings disparate systems together and automates processes. Third-party integrations are slow.

What is most valuable?

This tool addresses all our disparate capabilities, bringing all those systems together. We’ve been able to orchestrate per product, and tie those things together to automate processes that were manual in the past. It allows us to turn around systems a lot quicker and in a repeatable way.

How has it helped my organization?

Previous to this solution, there were a lot of manual processes that allowed for human error. Now it is automated and more repeatable. We're still not perfect, but the tool allows us to keep improving constantly.

What needs improvement?

One area is support. The other one is the release of new products that emerge in the market. This tool is set up such that it encompasses third-party integrations that can be slow. I would like to see the introduction of new products to market and getting support for the application as quickly as possible.

We have been using this solution for about two years.

We don't use it in a heavy duty way, but it seems robust enough from what we've experienced in the last two years.

This tool is not known for scalability. We don't use it that heavily. As far as we know, the architecture is scalable. That was part of our decision to go this route. It has yet to be proven in the field.

We have used technical support and we've had our ups and downs with them. We've had questions for support and they've been really helpful. We get to the right level, but we sometimes find that we struggle to get support for a new product or a capability in which we are having issues. Generally, they're okay, but there are still areas of struggle.

The installation is straightforward. To be fair, HPE has looked to improve that process over the last couple of iterations. Overall, it's been fine.

We have looked into several other technologies, but we have a lot of HPE tool sets today and we find that the off-the-shelf integrations are good. That is our predominant reason for using the HPE tools.

Even though there are a lot of other technologies that compete in this space, this solution is the right fit for now. In terms of licenses, they work well for the way in which we use the products.

What other advice do I have?

When I select a vendor, I generally look for the following key items:

• Maturity
  • The correct Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, Threats (SWOT) models
  • The right development roadmap
  • That products are moving in the right direction
More Operations Orchestration reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, BMC, Broadcom and others in Process Automation. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.