Operations Orchestration Review

It has alacrity, but lacks ability to scale

What is our primary use case?

We began using the solution for runbook automation. Gradually, we expanded to using it towards the IT process solutions. We were using a lot of auto-healing-realated activities using OO.

How has it helped my organization?

It has reduced the time taken to go to market. In the past, we were struggling with building these integrations, but now the process has sped up and there is an added advantage of quick delivery. In addition, it is an agent-less solution, which provides more flexibility in terms of multiple options.

What is most valuable?

The integration is easy with the OO solution. It is simple to expedite, and all we have to do is consume a few APS and it is integrated and up and running.

What needs improvement?

It is an agent-less tool. It is two-sided. It is good, because it requires less approvals for deploying. But, it gets difficult because wherever you typically want to deploy robotic process automation related use cases will not have an agent sitting on the endpoint. Executing activities and tasks on the box without an agent can become a tricky process. There are some workarounds that can be orchestrated, but it is extra work.

Three to five years.

There were a lot of scalability issues that we initially faced. Whenever I tried to deploy 100-200 endpoints, it became a huge challenge. We had to actually start using other tools like Tivoli Endpoint Management in order to patch the issues.

Initially, we handled all tech issues ourselves. Later, we used the tech support with the support-related issues with the infrastructure.

The setup was complex because it comes in a pack. We hired an orchestrator to implement the product, but it was expensive. The deployment took eight months. It took another four months to be completely stable. In total, it took a year for the complete implementation.

I do not have experience with the pricing or licensing of the product.