OPNsense Review

User-friendly, has a lot of reports and easy settings

What is most valuable?

I find the solution to be user-friendly. It has a lot of reports and easy settings.

What needs improvement?

On the customer-side, because I'm a small business, I need a cheaper or free solution option.

To scale, you need a different package application. It's not compatible with pfSense. Maybe there should be a different package or a different setup, but it's a problem. I need a little package because I'm a small business.

It would be nice if the solution offered virtual servers in the future. Compatible mutual servers with firewall specifications.

I've been using the solution for 6 months.

The solution is stable. There are about 10 people using this solution.

This solution is scalable. I may scale in the future.

I don't contact technical support. I don't need to.

I used to use pfSense. I switched because OPNSense is modern and new. The graphic interface is good. And sometimes pfSense is not stable. Sometimes it breaks the line and stops.

The initial setup was easy. Deployment took about one day, maybe two. I do the deployment and handle the maintenance myself, so you only need one person to manage it.

I did the implementation myself.

It costs about $1000.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 10 out of 10.