6mc9b0wlzl1qccukkbyq 400x400

Opsview Enterprise Review
Compared to Nagios, the benefit is the simplicity to set up and modify devices.

Valuable Features:

I like its scalability thanks to slaves. You can add as many slave as you want, which also allows you to reach and monitor devices running on the network that are not accessible by the master. It also has good roles management which is very useful for a service provided to customers. Lastly, it also has a nice GUI.

Improvements to My Organization:

Before we used Nagios. It's based on Nagios too, but the biggest benefit when compared to it is the simplicity to set up and modify devices.

Room for Improvement:

SNMP traps management to be improved. It's not so easy to use and you have to pay more to get the SMS module.

Use of Solution:

I've been using it for 30 months.

Deployment Issues:

We have had no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

There have been no performance issues.

Scalability Issues:

It's been able to scale for our needs.

Previous Solutions:

We used Nagios previously, and it was reliable but hard to configure, and even harder to create a master/slave configuration.

Initial Setup:

Considering the complexity of our network, it wasn't hard to install. It would be preferable if you have some Linux knowledge prior to the implementation.

Implementation Team:

We implemented it in-house via our Data Center Team.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

As a CSP, we have an MSP agreement so that we can pay for its use. It means that additional customers will pay additional fees, and this is invaluable.

Other Advice:

Get a good book so you can get exposed to all the great functionality in PostgreSQL. I would highly recommend looking at the postgresql.conf configuration settings when you are ready to go into production. In order to get a good price, I think that you need to have a commercial process in place.

2 visitors found this review helpful
Anonymous avatar x30Anonymous avatar x30

1 Comment

Chris2
Chris ChilderhoseReal UserTOP REVIEWERELITE SQUAD

Nice review. Good comparison to Nagios as we use that now and are looking to switch but may go to Solarwinds.

Like (0)04 August 16
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Opsview Enterprise?

Our experts can help. 233,024 professionals have used our research on 5,881 solutions.