Opsview Monitor Review

Easy to configure and deploy a distributed setup but some minor changes could help improve ease of configuring

Valuable Features:

Easy to configure and deploy a distributed setup (allowing us to quickly and (nearly) effortless add new servers to the platform).

Improvements to My Organization:

We now have a single view for all systems monitored within our IT estate, while we previously had three different systems (each configured differently).

Room for Improvement:

Hard to say, some minor changes could help improve ease of configuring (which have already been requested and are now on the roadmap).

Use of Solution:

I think about 4+ years now

Previous Solutions:

Yes, we used vanilla Nagios which was spread out over three different installs with different configurations and different versions.

Initial Setup:

Although we needed a complex distributed setup (our network is segmented so we needed distributed servers) the ease with which you can deploy Opsview made this a relative easy task.

Implementation Team:

We implemented with our in-house team, recently we did a major version upgrade with support from the vendor which went really well and I rate their expertise quite high.

Other Solutions Considered:

Yes we did a small POC with Zabbix, Centreon and Icinga.

Other Advice:

Opsview is easy to configure and expand, but make sure you have a good plan on how you want to deploy and use Opsview (you can get a lot off information from their website, documentation site and even on IRC).
2 visitors found this review helpful