Opsview Monitor Review

Easy to configure and deploy a distributed setup but some minor changes could help improve ease of configuring

What is most valuable?

Easy to configure and deploy a distributed setup (allowing us to quickly and (nearly) effortless add new servers to the platform).

How has it helped my organization?

We now have a single view for all systems monitored within our IT estate, while we previously had three different systems (each configured differently).

What needs improvement?

Hard to say, some minor changes could help improve ease of configuring (which have already been requested and are now on the roadmap).

I think about 4+ years now

Yes, we used vanilla Nagios which was spread out over three different installs with different configurations and different versions.

Although we needed a complex distributed setup (our network is segmented so we needed distributed servers) the ease with which you can deploy Opsview made this a relative easy task.

We implemented with our in-house team, recently we did a major version upgrade with support from the vendor which went really well and I rate their expertise quite high.

Yes we did a small POC with Zabbix, Centreon and Icinga.

What other advice do I have?

Opsview is easy to configure and expand, but make sure you have a good plan on how you want to deploy and use Opsview (you can get a lot off information from their website, documentation site and even on IRC).
More Opsview Monitor reviews from users