Opsview Monitor Review

We moved from the NetSaint and Nagios platforms because Opsview provides the same functionality but with the simplicity of a GUI front end.

What is most valuable?

The two most valuable features for us are the GUI front end and the centralization of confirmation information in a MySQL backend.

How has it helped my organization?

We moved from the NetSaint and Nagios platforms. Opsview provides all the functionality of these but with the simplicity of a GUI front end, using MySQL to centralize configuration. This has moved us away from the multi-configuration file complexity of NetSaint and Nagios.

What needs improvement?

Some aspects of the GUI functionality need improvement. We've discussed them with Opsview and they plan on making improvements per customer request.

We have been using Opsview Enterprise for approximately four months. Prior to that we were running an earlier version called Opsview Core since 2012.

We've had no issues with deployment.

There were no issues with the stability.

We have had no issues with scaling it for our needs.

10/10

Prior to 2012, we were using Nagios and NetSaint. We moved to Opsview as it gave us GUI flexibility and also allowed us to migrate our Nagios and NetSaint alarms and plugins easily.

The setup of our original CORE version required some thought. However, the use of MySQL as the backend facilitated a very easy upgrade to our current Enterprise version. There was no requirement to reconfigure hosts, services, groups, etc.

It has competitive pricing compared to similar products on the market.

What other advice do I have?

Avail yourself of the limited license core version first. Try it out to ensure that it provides all the functionality you require. It’s free to download and install and gives a good flavor of the product's capability.