OptiView XG Review

Complete, small, portable and has the power to solve several kinds of problems which makes it a fundamental tool for us.

Valuable Features:

For me, it's the clearsight, the possibility to capture and see clearly what is occurring is fantastic. Previously, I would spend hours and hours checking the flow of traffic using Wireshark for example.

Improvements to My Organization:

I work for a Cisco partner company and and a certain part of the demand of our customers is characterized in troubleshooting of their networks. We always use the OptiView XG to detect failure points on the network of our customers, because it is fast to identify problems. We've solved problems involving spanning tree, duplicity mac address, timeouts for databases, delay and latency and so on, all this using the OptiView XG.

Room for Improvement:

I think that the discovery of a network can be improved if the OptiView would recognize more kinds of devices independent of the manufacturer.

Use of Solution:

I used it for less than one year, but it was enough to see how powerful the OptiView XG is.

Deployment Issues:

No, deployment has always been easy. I never had any issue with it.

Stability Issues:

No, the device always was very stable.

Scalability Issues:

No, we were able to use the OptiView for small businesses and large companies.

Previous Solutions:

My company always used the OptiView XG.

Implementation Team:

I only did implementations through a vendor team and their level of expertise was good.

ROI:

Time: we used to spend days with a lot of IT workers from different areas. This time spent was reduced by hours. We're able to find the problem and hand it over to the responsible team solve it.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

It was easy, as I mentioned earlier, we only need to understand the problem of the customer and we then define an action plan, in other words where to put the OptiView XG, what devices we need to pay attention to.

Other Solutions Considered:

Well, Wireshark for example, but the problem was that we needed to understand a lot of the customer's topology and to mitigate and analyse the errors which was a waste of time.

Other Advice:

With this product there is no longer a need to spend hours and hours solving problems related to networks. You can get a report on the origin of the problem and deliver it to the responsible team to solve it.