OptiView XG Review

We primarily leverage the Wi-Fi analytics software as well as the Wi-Fi survey and design software.

What is most valuable?

We are leveraging it with the Wi-Fi analytics software, and also Wi-Fi survey and design software. Specific to my group, we're responsible for Wi-Fi design. Those are the features that we use primarily.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it for all of our predictive Wi-Fi designs. We get standards reports, so we're able to do more of the designs, more quickly, and more consistently.

What needs improvement?

I know we're not using it for all of it's capabilities, but what we do use it for certainly a larger screen size would benefit us. We typically attach it to a larger external monitor to assist with that. Also, the overall weight of the product is a lot to carry around for a long period of time. Because we're typically dealing with detailed designs of building layouts, to be able to zoom in and see it would be nice. It's better if we connect it to an external projector or larger monitor.

2 years

It's been excellent.

Not that we've had any issues with the OptiView, but where we've used support, they've been good with communicating what the process is to get things upgraded and the timeliness when we send it back for upgrades. Certainly the ease of doing that.

We had not been using a different solution previously and when we looked at this product, we were looking at both the combined analyzer as well as something that was running the design software packages.

Very straight forward. Pretty much everything came pre-installed and ready to use. There was very little customization and configuration that we needed to do with it.

What other advice do I have?

I think it's a niche product. It isn't something that's easily used on a daily basis by a large number of people. It is rather expensive, so it isn't something that we can support a large number of.

More OptiView XG reviews from users