OptiView XG Review

The GUI’s user friendly and it's portable. It's easy for the field service guys to handle.

What is most valuable?

The WiFi debugging features. It's called Debug. It helps solve issues that we deal with, with our product.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us to be able to troubleshoot, predominantly in the field, with the tools that we would normally have in the lab. The portability, the software of it, is nice to use.

The GUI’s very user friendly, so it's easier for the field service guys to handle.

What needs improvement?

There's some obvious shortcomings with the product. Hardware is unreliable. It's already crashed on me several times. It's unusable for weeks.

There are some problematic features. For example, file sizes cause problems where they're too small. You want to record a certain number of things, but this one limits us due to how much we can record and how large the files are.

Software corruption prevented it from turning on. It resolved itself on its own, just by rebooting it a million times.

About 2 years.

There isn't that much instability.

I give it a 8. The response time was okay, but the level of detail didn't help solve the problem.

We used the PC-based devices. They were much harder to be mobile, so this device makes it easy to go into the field with. It's more accessible if you're out in the field.

It was straightforward. It was predominantly already set up. All you needed to do is turn it on and register it. There's not much you have to learn to start using it. It's already familiar.

The user interface is intuitive.

What other advice do I have?

Do the proper research into the features that it has and whether or not it's the right fit, because for the cost of how much you pay for, there are other solutions out there that you can get. It's the portability that makes this valuable. If that's really what you're after, you need something that's going to be out in the field and is portable, it's great, but if you're looking for something to set up in the lab or something like that, where it stays fixed, then might not be the right tool.

I'm rating it an 8 because it is easy to use and it is portable. Both of those are the positives. The negatives would be hardware unreliability and scalability or the file size limitation. You should be able to record longer periods of time. This one minimizes. It does allow you to record beyond a certain point.

More OptiView XG reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about NETSCOUT, Zabbix, Nagios and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.