OptiView XG Review

It's a valuable network troubleshooting tool. We'd like it to decode IP tunnels.

What is most valuable?

Packet capture is a valuable feature. It's a network troubleshooting tool.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it to validate new networks.

We use it in our data center.

We need it for troubleshooting WAN circuits, which are LAN circuits. We use it to troubleshoot and validate LAN and WAN circuits. We have approximately 300 servers that we use OptiView for.

What needs improvement?

We would like to use it to decode IP tunnels. That would be it, as far as room for improvement. We have a lot of IP-to-IP tunnels. If we can decode the traffic within the IP tunnel, that would be great.

Also, if they added some software features to enhance usability. If I wanted to do a simple packet capture, I'd like, for example, an online menu to do that, where I'd connect network here, next set this up to put the IP in, and so on - some kind of simple guide that would systematically guide you through a packet capture.

I have been using this product for about a year.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

We've only used technical support a few times, and it was just satisfactory. My big problem is training my new employees. I don't remember the online training suite, but we did attend a couple of seminars. Those were pretty good.

We switched to OptiView to be a little bit more flexible. We were using Wireshark before, and wanted something a little bit more flexible. It's more portable. It's more accesible, as well, because it has lots of ports on it to do different things.

Initial setup was complex. The online training was very helpful with that. Make sure the training seminar's available.

More OptiView XG reviews from users