OptiView XG Review

It helps me determine whether I need to add wireless access points.

What is most valuable?

• All of the wireless applications
  • The packet sniffer

This product helps troubleshoot problems, find issues and fix them.

How has it helped my organization?

On the wireless side, when users say that they have trouble connecting to the wireless network in a certain area, I take the Fluke up and I use the analyzer to see the signal strength and if I need to add wireless access points in that area.

What needs improvement?

I actually don't have any complaints.

I have used it for a couple of years now.

I have not encountered any stability issues. The only problem I've had with it was the hard disk failed. After that, it wouldn't boot. I had to send it back to get replaced.

I don't know why the hard disk failed. I don't believe it was a scaling issue.

Technical support was awesome. They were quick to respond. They were very knowledgeable. We were kept up to date on the status.

I did use something else before using the Fluke product. I switched because of the more updated capabilities of the OptiView.

For one thing, the OptiView is much more compact. The other things that I was using, I had to carry two or three things. OptiView has a lot of things rolled into one compact tablet.

The licensing was confusing in the beginning, but once I figured out what was going on, it makes sense now. The software upgrade process on it is easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it to others and I have recommended it to others. I told my peers at other remote sites about this and three other sites have gotten one.

They just love it. We love it.

The only reason I haven’t given it the highest rating is because everything can be improved.

More OptiView XG reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about NETSCOUT, Zabbix, Nagios and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.