OptiView XG Review

We utilize it to troubleshoot situations, packet analysis, wired and wireless, sifting of traffic, and then accurate analysis.

Valuable Features

We use it more or less for the troubleshooting aspect of wires and wireless.

Improvements to My Organization

It just made it easy to troubleshoot certain situations and to get a quicker resolution, depending on the situation. Basically, we utilize it to troubleshoot situations, packet analysis, wired and wireless, sifting of traffic, and then accurate analysis; when someone says they've got issues with an application. That's generally what we're doing.

Room for Improvement

• Ease of updating, automated updating.
  • Basically, based on the unit right now, maybe get it to be a little bit smaller, lighter. That would help.

Use of Solution

I have used it for 4+ years.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues; it's just a good tool. Basically, it's used for troubleshooting, so it's not always used 24/7. When we need to use it, it works.

Technical support is good. I give them a 4 out of 5; no real changes needed.

Before, we would use Wireshark and similar products. OptiView just made it a little bit easier. It was a neat package that made it easier to utilize.

Initial setup was easy; it wasn't complex.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Previously, pricing and licensing was easy. We'll see what happens with the change with Netscout.

Other Solutions Considered

We basically upgraded. We had some legacy versions of this and we upgraded them. There was no evaluation or comparison.

Other Advice

Just know that it's a niche product, but it works.

1 visitor found this review helpful