OptiView XG Review

We utilize it to troubleshoot situations, packet analysis, wired and wireless, sifting of traffic, and then accurate analysis.

What is most valuable?

We use it more or less for the troubleshooting aspect of wires and wireless.

How has it helped my organization?

It just made it easy to troubleshoot certain situations and to get a quicker resolution, depending on the situation. Basically, we utilize it to troubleshoot situations, packet analysis, wired and wireless, sifting of traffic, and then accurate analysis; when someone says they've got issues with an application. That's generally what we're doing.

What needs improvement?

• Ease of updating, automated updating.
  • Basically, based on the unit right now, maybe get it to be a little bit smaller, lighter. That would help.

I have used it for 4+ years.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues; it's just a good tool. Basically, it's used for troubleshooting, so it's not always used 24/7. When we need to use it, it works.

Technical support is good. I give them a 4 out of 5; no real changes needed.

Before, we would use Wireshark and similar products. OptiView just made it a little bit easier. It was a neat package that made it easier to utilize.

Initial setup was easy; it wasn't complex.

Previously, pricing and licensing was easy. We'll see what happens with the change with Netscout.

We basically upgraded. We had some legacy versions of this and we upgraded them. There was no evaluation or comparison.

What other advice do I have?

Just know that it's a niche product, but it works.

More OptiView XG reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about NETSCOUT, Zabbix, Nagios and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.