OptiView XG Review
Enables site surveys and spectrum analysis.

What is most valuable?

We have only been using it for site survey. I've used spectrum analysis as well, just to see what is on the wireless. I haven't used it too much, but it's on our network.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it as a site survey tool. I don't hire out, so it's done in-house. I don't use it every day, but only when I need to.

What needs improvement?

I had some problems generating reports. However, that could be me and not the tool. I don't know. I couldn't get a report out of it for some reason. I have to review that myself.

It's been about two years since we starting using this solution.

There were no scalability issues that we experienced. It's running pretty well.

I personally have not contacted support. I just haven't had time for anything like that. I had other people use it, and they got the report they were looking for.

OptiView XG is the first solution that I've gone with. I have not used any other solution yet.

The setup was straightforward. You turn it on. It's really easy to use, once you understand it a little bit. For the site survey part, it's pretty simple. For the other issues, you do need some training. I took some training for it.

I did not evaluate other options. I went with this solution because I read the reviews on it and they were good. We had shortage of time to purchase the product, so either you purchase now or never. I ended up purchasing it.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good tool and is pretty simple to use. Once you get the hang of it, it's not too hard to use. You don't have to read a bunch of manuals to get it going, at least for the site survey part.

For the other issues, such as the analyzer and the spectrum, you will probably need some training. I've got to use it more often. If I had time to play with it, I would, but I don't have time.

Request Demo

Walk through OptiView XG yourself with our virtual demo!