Oracle Access Manager Review

Integrates well into an Oracle ecosystem, it's easy to use, but the support and setup could be better

What is our primary use case?

We are Integrators. We implement and integrate this product for our clients, as well as provide support to our client who is using this solution.

Mainly, we are using it to provide access to two different systems that the client has. It determines the access levels of people. It tells you who needs how much access and then managing it through that.

What is most valuable?

Once it is set up, it is easy to use and it integrates with most of the products on the market.

What needs improvement?

The initial implementation can definitely be improved because you have to work on several components to configure it correctly. Nowadays, most of the solutions are a few clicks before they are installed and then configured.

Technical support needs improvement, they could be 200% better. The reason that most people are having problems is because of the support they provide.

It's very difficult to engage with them or to get the answers to your queries. The turnaround time is very slow. It needs to be faster.

In the next release, I would like to see the integration with non-Microsoft products as well.

It takes a lot of time to integrate it with non-Oracle products.

If you have an Oracle ecosystem then you can integrate it, but if it is Microsoft SQL or any other databases that are being used then it is not interoperable. It works but it takes time.

I would like to see if they can easily integrate with other technologies.

I have been working with Oracle Access Manager for a few years.

We are using the latest version.

For the most part, it's stable.

The organization that we are supporting has approximately 200 to 300 users.

Oracle technical support is never good for OAM.

Previously, we were using the AWS based product and Okta.

The installation is not straightforward. In fact, the implementation of OAM is complex, compared to other products, but once it is implemented it is good.

If there are no problems coming in, then it can be done in a few hours. However, if there are some problems then the troubleshooting is a long haul.

We have a couple of engineers to maintain this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others, especially if they are using Oracle products because it is easily integrable with those products.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Oracle Access Manager reviews from users
...who compared it with Azure Active Directory
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Okta, Broadcom and others in Access Management. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.