Oracle Access Manager Review

Stable with an easy initial setup and good geo sign-on functionality

What is our primary use case?

We have multiple applications that require logins. If when a user is signing on for the first time, they can go to the Oracle Asset Manager's main page where they will need to provide a user ID and password. Then, the corresponding user ID and password would be there and the user's page will be sent a token. If they need to log into other applications, the registry token will be used and the user won't need to log in at that time. So by doing that, we are providing a secure and simple user experience.

What is most valuable?

The solution has the ability to allow users to geo sign-on. Geo sign-on is when somebody is logging in from a Windows laptop, after logging in the first screen when a user opens the laptop, they're signed in across the board. So, once they have logged into a window and if they are opening another application, they don't need to sign onto it individually.

What needs improvement?

The mobile access to the solution isn't ideal. They should work to improve its functionality.

We've been working with the solution for more than two years for a very big client. We've also used it earlier for other smaller clients. In total, my experience probably ranges over seven or eight years.

The stability of the solution is good. We've never had any issues and neither has any of our clients.

The scalability of the solution is good. We haven't felt we've been restricted from expanding as necessary and we haven't heard of any issues from our clients.

The technical support has been very good. We've been satisfied with their level of service and haven't run into any issues when it comes to dealing with them.

We previously used Microsoft's Active Directory.

The initial setup is very straightforward. The major requirement, when it comes to installation, is getting the proper business equipment and requirements in place. It takes a bit of time.

What other advice do I have?

We've used both cloud and on-premises deployment models, but have never handled a hybrid deployment model.

I'd advise others that, before starting the installation, it's very important to have the proper equipment in place, at a high level. The organization should also have a proper access management strategy considered as well before implementing the solution.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. Overall, it's a very good solution, but its lacking in the mobile area. If the mobile offering was better, I'd rate it higher.