Oracle Advanced Analytics Review

Great ability to pull together multiple sources of information, simple for non-technical users

What is our primary use case?

We're a consulting company. For now, everything's in transition, more and more people are moving toward an SD-WAN type of environment. It all requires more management, more security, and most of the things can be reduced down to one or just a few panes of glass to manage. We're trying to understand how to best guide our customers to make sure they carry out best practices in the most economical and efficient way. I've just helped somebody set up an AWS Connect small call center with a chatbot-type environment. They're a group of about half a dozen marketing people that were focused on consumer products. They were pulling together diverse sources of information for marketing purposes. We are customers of Oracle products.

What is most valuable?

One of the valuable features is the ability to pull together multiple sources of information and the tools are easy to use which is the main factor. They're easy to use for non-technical, non-programming people. Whether you're a venture capitalist or a giant marketing firm or whether you're a political action committee, it doesn't matter. You don't have to be a technical expert to make use of the tools once you're set up. You just have to know your sources of information and start pulling things together.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see some refinement in the area of getting things that are not standard cloud applications, but are rather more customized. That's where some of the non-technical people trigger up and ask: "How can we have a local database or a private database, or huge Excel spreadsheets that need to be transformed?" A lot of the database ETL stuff that's behind the scenes is just about getting that stuff out. I think Oracle Analytics is working toward refining a lot of that, so that it requires less technical expertise to incorporate that kind of data source. It's really about initially setting it up and adding to it. As you start new campaigns, you can run across new sources of information. Not everything is in salesforce.com.

I would like to see an improvement in the ease of implementing customized data sources and the like. I would suspect Oracle has other things in the works along those lines. They're constantly trying to refine and improve their products.

The solution seems to be stable although I don't use it on a regular basis myself. The client didn't complain of any major disruptions or outages.

It appears to be very scalable simply because if you're using it on an Oracle cloud environment, it's as scalable as the Oracle cloud will allow it to be.

Technical support seem to be very good.

There are some complexities behind the scenes when you're doing more customized stuff. But if you're pulling from public data sources that are cloud source data then it's pretty straightforward.

I know the company has both enterprise-level pricing and pay-as-you-go type pricing, like any of the cloud-based network solutions. You have to manage your pricing based on the number of users and how much you plan to use the solution. The more you use, the more it costs. So you have to plan ahead for that. And that's an area that's becoming its own industry, helping people figure out how to manage the budget for those things. It can get very complex very quickly.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Other