Oracle Analytics Cloud Review

Complete product with excellent stability and scalability with no downtime

What is most valuable?

It's really an enterprise solution. It has a dashboard, like standard dashboarding functionality. It also has reporting capabilities for producing pixel-perfect reports, bursting large volumes of a document if you need to.

It has interactive data discovery functionality, which you would use to explore your data, bring your own data, and merge it with maybe the data from an enterprise data warehouse to get new insights from the pre-existing data.

It has machine learning embedded in the solution. If you're new to machine learning, it's a really good way to get into it, because it's all within this platform, and it's really easy to use.

What needs improvement?

As with most BI tools, the visualizations can be made much nicer. Currently, it has standard visualizations. They've been adding new visualizations, but we see animated visualizations from other vendors. It would be nice to have similar visualizations, such as the swarming visualizations, which are fairly new and very popular at the moment. I haven't seen that with Oracle. That would be nice.

I have been using this solution for about a year. We are using the most current version.

I find the stability of this solution excellent. I haven't encountered any problems, but that would be my expectation.

It's excellent. Its scalability is really what makes it stand out. You can on the fly increase the processing capacity of your instance for as long as you need it and then bring it back to whatever minimum setting you had. It's done on the fly with no downtime. That is very impressive. I love this.

It's very easy to set up. It's extremely easy because it's in the cloud. You spin up your instance, which takes two minutes. You can also natively connect to an autonomous data warehouse.

I've given some thought to Power BI because it's so widely used, but my area of expertise is really around or has always been around Oracle. So, it was more of a natural choice for me.

What other advice do I have?

It really has everything that I want and need. It's very easy.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten. It would be nice to see swarming kind of visualizations. Other than that, it's a complete product.

More Oracle Analytics Cloud reviews from users
...who compared it with SAS Visual Analytics
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.