Oracle Analytics Cloud Review

Enables us to deliver faster analytics and to have a self-secured, self-tuning, self-maintained platform

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Oracle Analytics is to offer financials, procurement and HR analytics for the global employees as well as data exploration on different data sources.

How has it helped my organization?

Oracle Analytics Cloud allowed us to deliver faster analytics and to have a self-secured, self-tuning, self-maintained platform. The analytics platform is user-friendly and elastic. We can scale up and down quickly in one click. It helped us to run multiple analytics projects at the same time and to complete them in record time. Also, Oracle Analytics Cloud is offering Data Preparation, AI and Machine Learning which is a game changer. Finally, we can connect to multiple data sources easily. We were able to deliver HR analytics self-service in one week.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

- Data preparation is fantastic and fast. We were able to use multiple data sources and prepare the data quickly.

- Machine Learning is very easy to use and offer great insights to predict the spends.

- Search using NLP is also a gem it allows for quick data access without building a query.

- The Explain feature is impressive; you can create an entire dashboard in one minute without being a business analyst.

What needs improvement?

One area of improvement is associated with more connectors needing to be added such as Microsoft OneDrive, Teradata and a few others. I think the list is limited to the top ones now.

Less than one year.

Stable and mature.

Scalability is very fast.

We have had an amazing experience with their technical support. The support is best in class.

We used Tableau Server, Microsoft Power BI, Cognos, Qlik and other tools. We need real analytics and self-service platform, not just a visualization tool. Also, we wanted to keep a solution fully integrated with our Oracle Global ERP so we do not have to manipulate data in another cloud.

The initial setup was straightforward. The implementation was really easy and fast.

We implemented through a vendor. They were expert and it was really easy and successful.

Start with a low number of OCPU as the product is very very fast, you can always scale up in one minute if needed.

We considered using Tableau or Cognos but they didn't have all the functionalities of Oracle Analytics and the cost to add 10,000 users was too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We love it. I would definitely give this product a 10 out of 10.