Oracle API Platform Cloud Service Review

Easy integration with Oracle Cloud and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for our providers in Sweden.

Several business functions are exposed to various customers, suppliers, and partners. Oracle API is used to expose their critical business functions to the stakeholders.

How has it helped my organization?

We were using an interface for orders where all of the orders that we were receiving were through text-based files from different suppliers, and partners. Now, we have created one order API and exposed it to our various customers. It is also available for our web-based application portal that the other customers were connected to, directly.

They can place orders directly using this API.

We were not using real-time ordering before this. All orders are now in real-time and we are adding extra features that can tell us who is placing the order and the different levels of access to different types of customers. We can also do direct limiting with API PCS. We have improved our order module with the use of this API.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the easy integration with the Oracle cloud, and that it's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The on-premises connectivity can be improved because it is still not at it's best. I still have to install a gateway on-premises, then a firewall API management portal on the cloud.

In the next release, I would like to see more security policies and for it to include an on-cloud gateway.

I have been working with this solution for approximately one year.

This solution is quite stable.

This solution is very scalable.

We have approximately 300 end-users who use this solution.

The technical support is good. We contacted them a few weeks ago.

Previously, we did not use another solution.

The initial setup was ok, it was not complex.

The deployment was pretty quick, but it took a couple of days to complete the setup. We have a team of two people who are in IT to maintain this solution.

We used a consultant to help us with the implementation. The experience was good.

Not very expensive as compared to other API products.

We did not evaluate any other products. We were already using Oracle, which is why went with this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest that you evaluate a few products before you choose. Oracle API is good; it's not the market leader, but I would say that the most up-to-date functionalities that you would be looking for in an API are in Oracle. It's also quite stable and their cloud data centers are very stable.

I would also suggest that you define the API before you start implementing any large program. An API strategy is very important before you start setting up a platform. If you don't do API applications, then it doesn't make sense to go with this solution or platform. It will only help when you have a well-defined principle for the API in your organization.

More Oracle API Platform Cloud Service reviews from users