Oracle Application Development Framework Review

Good support and integrates well with Oracle products, but it needs to be cheaper and more lightweight

What is our primary use case?

We develop software applications using this Java framework.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of integration with other Oracle products.

What needs improvement?

The application needs to be more lightweight and the performance improved.

This is not an open-source solution.

The price should be reduced.

We have been using Oracle ADF for 15 years.

This is a stable solution.

The scalability is really good. We are operating in a telecom environment and we have about 23 million subscribers.

The support from Oracle, as well as the community, is good. When you ask a question you receive answers or comments to it.

We did not use another Java framework prior to Oracle ADP, but we are probably moving to Spring Boot because we want to switch to a microservices architecture. Spring Boot has better performance and we are interested in moving to an open-source platform.

It will take about a year to make the transition. It will happen in phases, where some applications will be on ADF, whereas others will be on Spring Boot.

Oracle products including ADF are expensive. We use a lot of Oracle products and in total, we pay about £5 million ($6.1 million USD) per year.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of Oracle ADP depends on the application, requirements, and target.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud

Other
More Oracle Application Development Framework reviews from users
...who compared it with Spring Boot
Find out what your peers are saying about Apache Spark vs. Oracle Application Development Framework and other solutions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.