Oracle Application Testing Suite Review
We can use the same automated test script for functional testing.

Valuable Features:

This is the best tool I have used till today as it allows us to handle automation in variety of ways. It has lots of features which are bundled together in a single package (e.g. OTM, OFT). We can use the same automated test script for functional testing. Lots of features are there in it. Best tool for automation on Siebel Object.

Room for Improvement:

1. Need to improve in Object Identification process.
  2. Performance is slow as compared to other tools like QTP.
  3. Internet Explorer is facing difficulties in identifying siebel object so browser functionality needs to be improved etc.

Other Advice:

In the past one year, I have worked on the upgraded version of OATS 11.2 and its has some good features with includes automation API for Peoplesoft automation, good log management and improved version of interface. Although it has few issues with Oracle Siebel Object Identification which is sorted by Oracle by providing patch. I will update you further in the coming months.

2 visitors found this review helpful

5 Comments

it_user334449User

Hi,

I am new to OATS and want to test automate Oracle Flexcube Core Banking application. Is it possible to automate using OATS? If we use other automation tools like HP UFT/QTP will we face any challenges?

Thank you..

30 October 15
it_user6204Vendor

Hi Deepak,
First of all sorry for the late response and by now you might have already done your automation. Yes Oats supports oracle flexcube automation too .

Thanks ,
Chetan

22 August 16
reviewer516471User

We are planning to use OATS to streamline and automate our Peoplesoft HCM and Oracle EBS application testing. The easy to use open script recording is very helpful for our analyst and developers.

20 September 16
Shiva Shanker Goud PalleReal UserTOP 20

Hi,

We are planning to use OATS for Load(Performance) Testing, does OATS help in doing this ?

23 August 17
Nimmagadda SudhirReal UserTOP 5

hi Shiva
OATS as a package it has functional testing tool Open Script and Test Management Tool OTM and for performance testing it has OLT.

you need to use OLT for Load testing which is very good.

04 September 17