Oracle Application Testing Suite Review

Sorting tests is pretty easy but updating somebody’s account access sometimes had unexpected and bad results

What is most valuable?

Test Manager “TESTS”

How has it helped my organization?

1. I can organize test scripts pretty well.

2. The custom dashboard views are nice to look at.

3. Sorting tests is pretty easy.

What needs improvement?

1. The installation routine desperately needs improvement. It was very easy to mess up.

2. The “un-install” is basically not supported and resulted also in a messed up computer.

3. In the OATS Administrator tool, setting user assignments and roles to projects was tricky, scary and dangerous. Updating somebody’s account access sometimes had unexpected and bad results like getting “locked out” of the product.

Two years.

The test installation pretty much destroyed my computer’s laptop performance. It had to be “reimaged” to recover. It was eventually installed on a dedicated server.

Some user accounts had to be removed and new ones created because of corruption.

For example:

1. At some point my user account could not move or organize the position of folders and tests.
  2. Another user would crash the entire product whenever she choose to open one specific project.

I am not aware of any issues.

The training people were good.

I have not had to deal with support.

We also use TFS. We are using OATS because my company purchased an Oracle ERP solution.

There did not appear to be a simple installation routine. The initial setup was complicated with many parts to consider including binaries and a local database.`

I believe a vendor did the original implementation.

What other advice do I have?

Brace yourself for bumps in the road. Have patience. Find talented people to help.

More Oracle Application Testing Suite reviews from users