Oracle Application Testing Suite Review

It helped in running performance testing cycles and identifying the bottlenecks of the application, helping our clients to run their application successfully and smoothly.

Valuable Features

Openscript and Oracle Load Testing (OLT) as I worked on performance testing with this tool.

Improvements to My Organization

Also, I used it for automating manual flows, which helped in saving time and effort in manual testing.

Room for Improvement

Improvements can be made in a number of protocol support areas, including enhanced Citrix support.

Also, the reporting utility for load testing could be improved.

Use of Solution

I've used it for three years.

Garbage collection of our WebLogic server was not working properly when running large volumes of performance tests.

My experiences are good. There is a forum where you can post your issues and experts and others users will answer them.

Also, a service request which will be resolved quickly would be nice. There were a few patches given by the dev team to resolve issues.

Initial setup is straightforward. It will install Oracle Database, WebLogic Server, and other components by itself. At every step you will be prompted on your screen, but no other setups steps are required.

Implementation Team

We implemented it in-house, but only a person who has good experience should be involved in the implementation, otherwise some issues might come later.

Other Advice

If you are using the Oracle bundled application then it is he best tool available in the market. But in some areas it lacks features and protocol support that its competitors, such as HP LoadRunner, have.

You should have a good and experienced person working with it, and also they should take people who have prior Java programming knowledge. The tool uses Eclipse IDE and Java script.