Oracle Application Testing Suite Review
The three tools which I used most were Winrunner, QTP and OATS. I feel OATS is best.

What is most valuable?

1. Java as native supported language.
  2. User friendly UI / Tree view to work with adding steps.
  3. The initial kick of time of a functional test automation script is lesser than other popular tools like QTP. But not as quick as selenium :). But selenium supports of automation of only web applications.
  4. Stable enough for Oracle EBS Applications and other products of Oracle, there are some components which are not recognized by other test automation products but are recognized by OATS ( Oracle Application Testing Suite )

What needs improvement?

To provide test automation support for other products like SAP, Windows and Java Applications when it comes to Functional Test Automation testing. Which otherwise they have a pretty good coverage to test all Cloud or Web Based applications.

I have used for about 8 years now, had worked with this tool from the time of inception at oracle, as I had worked at ORACLE for 7.5 years and used OATS for most of the time. It was our default solution for test automation of Oracle EBS Applications.

OATS 12.5.0.2 has a pretty smooth installation process.

In budding stages, the product had serious stability issues, but ORACLE has put its best people behind and made the product quite stable. Now I feel its the best tool to automate any of the Oracle Products, which include Oracle EBS Applications, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Siebel, Adobe Flex, ADF applications, etc..

The technical support on Linkedin Groups and Direct support are good, would rate it as 4 out of 5

We used Winrunner earlier and later HP had stopped its support so we had to switch to another Test automation product and when an internal tool could support, there was no point in paying to external companies, while I was working with ORACLE

Simple and easy

There was huge ROI, as we stopped all Licenses that were paid to HP and used something internally at ORACLE

ORACLE is giving at a very competitive rates to all its customers, and its a simple licensing process.

Yes, we tried with QTP, but it was doing no good than internal tool for test automation of Oracle EBS Applications.

What other advice do I have?

It's a really amazing solution, which I have ever used, three tools which I used most were Winrunner, QTP and OATS. I feel OATS is best, even now I am out of ORACLE I believe OATS has much more value, compared to others. and I liked it so much that I started writing my experiences over my personal blog which is http://testingtools.co

1 Comment

reviewer763800User

Could you please let me know, from where I can the pricing info of OATS ?

29 October 17