Oracle ATG Review

There are several valuable features, such as the quick deployment of e-commerce platforms, the ability to customize and personalize, and the Endeca-driven search engine.

Valuable Features

Improvements to My Organization

The personalization engine is the best part of this product. We're able to customize it according to our and our customers' needs and how we want it to function.

Room for Improvement

It can be complicated to set up if you don't know how to do it.

Use of Solution

I work for a consulting company and I've have been helping our customers implement it for eight years now.

The initial setup was complicated, but after that we didn't have any issues with deployment.

I wouldn't say it's any stabler than its competitors, but it is stable. We haven't had any major issues with instability.

In order to scale, you need more hardware, so the product itself is not scalable. It's the way you implement it, or the number of hardware you use, which makes it scalable.

The level of technical support is fine, in my experience.

For someone who doesn't know how to implement it, it's not straightforward as there are some complexities, especially with the customization.

Implementation Team

We implemented it with our in-house team.

Other Solutions Considered

I would compare it with another vendor, like IBM Websphere Commerce or iBreeze. The best thing with Oracle Commerce is the personalization engine, and then the integration with one of the best search engines, which is Endeca. Those two combinations make it a valuable product to use compared to WebSpeed, which I've used, and iBreeze, which I don't really know much about, just a little.