What is most valuable?
- It provides best-in-class CRM, retail, and cross-channel commerce to broadest range of industries.
- It has one of the best-in-class personalization features and a search engine which supports delivery of relevant experiences to every customer.
- It offers granular business control, total hands-on control over every aspect of the experience.
- It has merchant-inspired tools.
- Strength of platform: It has been architected for performance, scalability, and operational efficiency.
- Has integrated business analytics.
- Easy-to-customize Reference Store which supports Quick Launch.
How has it helped my organization?
It has helped clients to achieve higher sales revenue, profitability, efficiency, and accelerate growth.
What needs improvement?
Its licensing cost could be brought down.
For how long have I used the solution?
Have used this for more than 10 years now, helping more than a dozen clients launch online on the Oracle ATG Commerce platform.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
It's a highly stable platform. Only on a few occasions, after initial go-live, were there issues with stability. These were resolved with a further bit of fine tuning.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
In terms of scalabilty, it's one of the best available in market. Very rarely are there issues with scalabilty.
How is customer service and technical support?
I would rate it at very good, four on a scale from one to five, where five is the best.
Which solutions did we use previously?
A few clients were previously using Magento and other eCommerce solutions before switching to this.
How was the initial setup?
If experienced architects are involved in project, then initial set up is straightforward.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Pricing and licensing are a bit on the higher side but it comes with its own set of advantages.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
Yes, other options such as Hybris, Magento, Demandware, and IBM WebSphere Commerce were evaluated.
What other advice do I have?
Oracle ATG Commerce is the leading enterprise eCommerce solution with around 50% of Fortune 100 companies using it.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Oct 02 2017