Oracle Audit Vault Review

Offers audit setting and configuration control. Sometimes, a few of the installation steps create confusion.

What is most valuable?

• Audit log collection from a heterogeneous RDBMS environment
  • Offers warehouse-based control over the log DB in a secured and encrypted way

Additionally, it offers a RAC option along with DB vault configuration.

How has it helped my organization?

I am in the training field and I can express my views based on that experience only. This is a configuration-based product that offers you full control of the audit settings and the configurations. It helps in generating all the required reports as per the compliance. It even helps in customizing the reports as per your choice.

There are multiple banks that are either using it or they are going to implement this tool in the Asian and African countries. They are attaching it to their core banking system. The latest version for Audit Vault is 12c and some of the valuable features are:

• Audit logs are now out of reach: Superusers (SYS), DBAs and OS Admins can’t remove them.

• Logs are completely safe in the warehouse: Encrypted and protected by the DB vault.

• Faster access to logs: Partitioning is available.
  • Alert configuration (email-based, desktop)

• High availability of the log server: Limited use of the RAC option.

• Compliance-based reporting with attestation option. Customization is also possible.

• Works transparently with the application. No coding required.

What needs improvement?

There were some bugs in beginning. Oracle has given us some patches for that. Now, we also have the Audit Vault and Database Firewall Product version 12c in the market with more features.

I have been using this tool for seven years.

We did encounter some stability issues. There are lots of bugs in the starting version but most of them are patched; the latest versions are much stable.

I haven’t tried the scalability option.

The support is good. I would give it a rating of 9/10.

We were not using any other solution.

Initial setup was complicated. Earlier, when I started working on the product, at that time, there were a lot of bugs in it and even the support and documentation was also not available. Now, things are better but still sometimes a few of the installation steps create confusion.

It’s a value-for-money product. It offers multiple features of the Oracle RDBMS indirectly to you for the Audit Vault repository database.

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend to compare this product with its competitors. Also, analyze your company requirements, and finally, take the decision based on the need and support you are getting from the vendor.

10.2.3.0 to 12.2
More Oracle Audit Vault reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, IBM, Imperva and others in Database Security. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.