Oracle Audit Vault Review

One of its most valuable features is the entitlement auditing for Oracle Database and set audit policies and provision them from the Audit Vault Server console

What is our primary use case?

The main reason was to collect audit data, make it available in audit reports, and create custom reports that meet the customer's requirement and set audit policies and provision them from the Audit Vault Server console & For databases, it provides a database firewall that can monitor and/or block SQL statements on the network based on a firewall policy designed by an auditor.

How has it helped my organization?

• Audit data collection from diverse sources.
  • Integrations with third-party products.
  • ecurity event reporting (malicious activity and hacking attempts).
  • Monitoring everything from one place.
  • SQL workload monitoring

This will improve your infrastructure and make it secure for sure.

What is most valuable?

Different features I have been using in this product:

• Audit policies for Oracle Database
  • Reports and report schedules
  • Entitlement auditing for Oracle Database
  • Stored procedure auditing
  • Alerts and email notifications

All the above features will allow you to manage and monitor the infrastructure, databases very easily and create custom reports depending on what you want.

What needs improvement?

Different things should be improved:

• The migration from an old version to a newer version is not that easy
  •  Database grouping also should be improved, and
  • The reporting.

Three to five years.

So far regarding to my experience with it it's stable but the problem when with the support when are facing a  bug or something you have to keep following all the time.

It's nice product when it's comes to scalability,

slow and they are asking for a lot of logs, you have to be patient since they will ask you to upload the logs every time the shift will change.

to be honest the installation & configuration it's needs a lot of work and reading, the more server you have to audit the more complex and extra work you will have.

I am working as freelance and having extensive experience with Oracle products so i have been contacted due to this, i implement this solution approximately five or six time.

if you are looking for software for auditing, audit Vault Collection Agent provides run-time support for audit data collection by Audit Vault collectors.

• Setup consumes too much resource and storage.
  • Also if you need to install Database Firewall, you need another server.
  • Pricing is expensive.