What is our primary use case?
The main reason was to collect audit data, make it available in audit reports, and create custom reports that meet the customer's requirement and set audit policies and provision them from the Audit Vault Server console & For databases, it provides a database firewall that can monitor and/or block SQL statements on the network based on a firewall policy designed by an auditor.
How has it helped my organization?
- Audit data collection from diverse sources.
- Integrations with third-party products.
- ecurity event reporting (malicious activity and hacking attempts).
- Monitoring everything from one place.
- SQL workload monitoring
This will improve your infrastructure and make it secure for sure.
What is most valuable?
Different features I have been using in this product:
- Audit policies for Oracle Database
- Reports and report schedules
- Entitlement auditing for Oracle Database
- Stored procedure auditing
- Alerts and email notifications
All the above features will allow you to manage and monitor the infrastructure, databases very easily and create custom reports depending on what you want.
What needs improvement?
Different things should be improved:
- The migration from an old version to a newer version is not that easy
- Database grouping also should be improved, and
- The reporting.
For how long have I used the solution?
Three to five years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
So far regarding to my experience with it it's stable but the problem when with the support when are facing a bug or something you have to keep following all the time.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
It's nice product when it's comes to scalability,
How are customer service and technical support?
slow and they are asking for a lot of logs, you have to be patient since they will ask you to upload the logs every time the shift will change.
If you previously used a different solution, which one did you use and why did you switch?
How was the initial setup?
to be honest the installation & configuration it's needs a lot of work and reading, the more server you have to audit the more complex and extra work you will have.
What about the implementation team?
I am working as freelance and having extensive experience with Oracle products so i have been contacted due to this, i implement this solution approximately five or six time.
What was our ROI?
if you are looking for software for auditing, audit Vault Collection Agent provides run-time support for audit data collection by Audit Vault collectors.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
- Setup consumes too much resource and storage.
- Also if you need to install Database Firewall, you need another server.
- Pricing is expensive.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
- Audit Vault Console which consists the following : -
- Collector management and monitoring
- Report management
- Alert management
Disclosure: I work for the vendor.