Oracle Audit Vault Review

Separation of duty helps us to properly delineate between security and administration

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to provide for separation of duties based on database encryption.

What is most valuable?

We use the separation of duty feature because part of the database is encrypted, and the database administrators, such as myself, should have no access to this area. It belongs to the security team.

What needs improvement?

Right now, the ownership of the database is automatically given to the database administrator. I would like to have a software solution, separate from the Oracle product itself, to assign ownership of the database to a specific team, being our security team, rather than the default owner.

One feature that is missing is the ability to have a secret server that is always encrypted. I would like to see this in the next release of this solution.

More than five years.

The solution is very stable and reliable.

I would say that the scalability of this solution is medium.

The users include the database team, which has fifteen people, and in some areas of the business, there are in excess of fifty.

We are not currently planning to expand the use of this product.

Technical support for this solution is very good. It is strong.

I would say that the initial setup was of medium difficulty.

We used an Oracle consultant to assist us with the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

I use this solution once or twice per month.

More Oracle Audit Vault reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, IBM, Imperva and others in Database Security. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.