Oracle Audit Vault Review

Easy to deploy and use with flexible reporting and automation capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for regulatory compliance and reporting for the enterprise. This augments regular compliance and risk management solutions.

The organizations and clientele we work with include public sector and private sector businesses in the Financial Services industry, where they host data from global partners. The EU citizens and businesses now demand that GDPR be in place in order to host their data.

How has it helped my organization?

It has provided us with a unique opportunity to automate risk discovery.

The system provides both an audit system and a security solution through the database firewall that protects the data and databases being accessed.

The system uses BU internal risk management and audit teams for ease of IT and systems audits.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are:

• Autonomous data collection.
  • Ease of deployment to work and integrate with heterogeneous platforms.
  • Reporting infrastructure is awesome and very flexible.
  • The interfaces are intuitive and easy to use and navigate through.
  • The solution has a well designed RBAC for the support of the business and it is secure.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see the ability to administer and manage the solution through Enterprise Manager 13c, and development of the dashboards that are generally missing.

The system needs to be easy to manage, especially in terms of space management.

There is little to no technical references and use cases pointing to the resolution of technical challenges during implementation. Better documentation would be helpful.

Five years.

The product is stable but extremely sensitive.

It is rather difficult to scale, but it works perfectly.

The technical support at Oracle is weak, but the documentation provided is detailed and good.

Unfortunately, there is little information available on Oracle MOS.

We have always used the product alongside Imperva.

This initial setup of this solution is straightforward.

Our solution was delivered through an Oracle partner, Nexim Solutions.

Our ROI was almost immediate.

It is affordable but technical skills are required to architect and set up the system.

We evaluated Imperva and Tivoli before choosing this solution.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an Oracle Gold Partner