Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Review

Notable performance and scalability, priced reasonably, and you only pay for services that you use

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for bigger projects that involve a large number of transactions. For companies with these requirements, it is perfect.

At this point, we don't have any customers on this platform because, unfortunately, in our country, we are still lagging behind when we talk about the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The performance and scalability are awesome.

I think that is the best solution for big data warehouses. Larger companies need this kind of solution. Since it is autonomous, you don't have to worry about things like database administration.

The only thing that you have to be concerned with is the data modeling, and how you want the data, or your client's data, to be presented. Since the data warehousing task is quite big, it will give you more time to decide on how you want the data to be presented.

What needs improvement?

It is very important the integration with other platforms be made to be as easy as it is with an on-premises deployment. On-premises,  you can integrate with different vendors such as Microsoft. There should be flexibility in terms of how you can accomplish things and not just with a single vendor, but with all vendors.

I have been using the Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse for the past month.

I have not needed to contact technical support.

There is no installation for this cloud-based system.

You pay as you go, and you don't pay for services that you don't use. If you feel that you need additional resources then you can increase them and pay only for them. There is no need to worry about paying for something that you don't use.

Licensing depends also on how you want to store your data. For example, some clients use a hybrid approach, where some data is stored on the cloud and other data is stored on-premises.

Overall, I think that the price is quite cheap, and they gave me a $300 credit.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I am quite happy with this product. I recommend it to my customers and I will continue recommending it to others.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Other
More Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.