Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Review

Stable, with good analytics, but needs to offer support for the R language

What is our primary use case?

We're currently using the solution to move data from legacy systems to the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The analytics have been very good. We've found them to be quite useful.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to offer support for the R language. It doesn't exist and it really is something they should have.

Sometimes the solution works differently between the cloud and on-premises. It needs to be more consistent and predictable.

There isn't support for data migrations. It would be helpful to have more documentation or information about this process. It's not easy for us to find online or on their website.

We have only been using the solution for about a year on a few projects that we are currently running.

We haven't found any issues with stability. There might have been two or three small issues around having the database inaccessible occasionally, but other than that, it's good. We haven't faced any bugs or crashes.

The scalability is okay.

We are planning to have 50-60 users on the solution once we've finished the projects we are working on. Right now, it's a work in progress.

We've had to contact technical support in the past for a few issues. However, our partner contacted them and dealt with the problems, so I haven't had any direct contact myself. I wouldn't be able to rate their service or give any insight into it.

The initial setup was handled by our partner. We didn't handle it. I wouldn't be able to speak about if it was complex or straightforward as I wasn't personally involved.

We had a partner handle our setup for us.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure if I'm capable of giving advice to anyone as it's a solution that's so new to us still.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

More Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse reviews from users