Oracle Autonomous Mobile Cloud Enterprise Review

It allows developing one code base for both Android and iOS platforms.

What is most valuable?

Oracle MAF allows deployment of a mobile app to both Android and iOS. It's one code base for both platforms.

How has it helped my organization?

It actually simplifies the development. For both platforms, we use one programming language, which is Java. It is easier for a developer to develop an app from scratch; it's pretty easy.

What needs improvement?

One of the features that would interest me would be mobile app analytics, which would allow us to track mobile app usage.

I think they need to invest more into the functionality of this framework. That's one reason for my rating. Another reason is the performance. Unfortunately, it's still not the best.

It's pretty stable. The problem is performance. Initial releases of Oracle MAF were really slow. They're getting better; they're working on the performance.

I don't think scalability actually applies.

We've had a couple of SRs with Oracle, and they've been pretty helpful.

We didn’t really have any previous solution. We just started with this one.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward; easy to install. Oracle MAF is just an extension for JDeveloper, so it’s pretty easy.

Actually, there are multiple approaches and possible solutions. One of them would be a web app, which would require us to have a separate server.

Oracle MAF was really straightforward. It allowed us to build a native app. We didn't have to add additional hardware. It was an easy choice.

When I’m choosing a vendor such as Oracle, the most important criteria for me is the name and the support.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it.