Oracle Beehive Review

Highly available, secure, and performs well

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as an autonomous Database Warehouse. It is built on the industry-proven and leading database, supports mixed workloads with unmatched performance, security, ease, and flexibility. It gives us fast query performance with zero effort.

How has it helped my organization?

We upgraded our customer from Oracle 10g to Oracle 12c and received feedback that they are very satisfied with the improvement in performance. We have gained the trust of the customer and this is a plus for us, as it will increase our sales.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are that it is self-driving, self-securing, and self-repairing. It has a fully managed data warehouse cloud service. The network configuration, storage, database patching, upgrades, and more are taken care of for you. There is no customer DBA required.

Oracle always runs the latest security patches. Data at rest is encrypted by default using Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and database clients use SSL/TLS 1.2 encrypted and mutually authenticated connections.

This solution has automated protection from downtime. High-availability is built into every component, and the backups are completely automated.

Oracle is multitenant, self-tuning, autonomous, maintains the database in memory, is highly available, and has good performance.

What needs improvement?

The price of licenses is high and should be improved.

We have been using Oracle Beehive for 25 years.

Oracle Beehive is completely stable.

We are completely satisfied with the scalability of this solution.

Technical support is excellent and we are completely satisfied with it.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We received assistance from a third-party and the service was excellent.

We are satisfied with the ROI.

My advice is to review the license prices, as they are considered high. Also, review Oracle's relationship with the partner after sales in regards to renewing the licenses.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing Oracle Beehive.

Other
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Slack, Atlassian and others in Enterprise Social Software. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.