Oracle Big Data Appliance Review

Fast, and you don't need technical expertise to use it and produce results

What is most valuable?

It's easy for end users to use. You don't need to be so technical to use it and produce something using the product.

How has it helped my organization?

The speed, provides more accurate information about your business, and the relationship with the manufacturer is good.

What needs improvement?

We need to display the results on our website. I think there is another product that joins with it to give you the possibility. I'm not sure about that.

It's very stable. You need to have some infrastructure to support this stability, but it is stable. It's reliable. It's faster.

Scalability has been okay.

I haven't used technical support. I'm an end user. The company provides it through Oracle the support. I think it's good.  We have no interruptions in the service, and response time is very good.

The guys from Oracle showed us the capabilities of the product, based it on our needs. We gave all the data, information, and said what we need, what we intend to have, what we are expecting as a result, and they produced a PoC.

We started with Oracle. Now every time Oracle adds new features, new products, they bring them to us, they present the products and we try to choose one, when there is a need on our part for that particular solution. Now we have almost the whole suite.

What other advice do I have?

The most important criteria when you're choosing a vendor like Oracle are trust, speed of the solution, results. We've been using Oracle almost 20 years, since 2000, so you have a kind of partnership. You continue with the new release, new products, and new technologies.

Big Data responds to my needs. I can find a very good solution, very easy to implement, all my technical people, even having no training, are able to handle the tool and start to produce something useful.

Look for efficiency in the solution.