Oracle BPM Review

A whole development platform used to create your BPM that is well-integrated with WebLogic Server and JDeveloper

What is most valuable?

Oracle BPM is a whole development platform (stack) used to create your BPM application. It is well-integrated with WebLogic Server and JDeveloper as IDE is for development. Of course, all of this is quite complex, but once you get it, it is very powerful.

What needs improvement?

The default Workspace does not meet all our needs and sometimes you need to create your own custom Workspace.

Alternatively, you can customize it, but you can hardly find examples for it.

More than five years.

On par with other enterprise supports.

Just standard web applications.

The learning curve is steep, but it is a complex technology.

Oracle has changed its licensing policy and incentivises for you to select Oracle Cloud over other cloud providers, which sometimes might not be what you want.

What other advice do I have?

When starting a project, get at least one super-experienced consultant to draft your architecture and project plan. Once you have the vertical slice, you can replicate it for the different processes you need.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an an Oracle Partner with a lot of experience in Oracle and Java development platforms.