Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service Review

An easy-to-use solution with the ability to drill down into detail, but it needs abilities for power users to build deep analysis

What is our primary use case?

It is the front end for an enterprise data warehouse for a retail organization. It is used by executives for KPI monitoring and by financial analysts for more detailed financial analytics. They are using it in the project management office for the project and program monitoring.

What is most valuable?

Its ease of use and the ability to drill down into detail are the most valuable. Executive dashboarding features are the most commonly used ones.

What needs improvement?

When looking at web-based BI or cloud-based BI vendors, there should be abilities for power users to build deep analysis. If they are not data science tools, they are not for power users.

I have been using this solution for three years.

I didn't interact with them for this solution, but from a broader perspective, my experience with Oracle is that their tech support sits somewhere between low and fair. I deal with a lot of Oracle products, and tech support is not their strong suit.

Implementation was relatively straightforward, but getting it to work required a lot of movement of data and cleaning of data. For some of that effort, the tool wouldn't have mattered. It had to be done anyway.

Oracle products are always going to be on the higher end of your price scale. You have to kind of accept that going in.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, SAP, Knowage and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: February 2021.
465,339 professionals have used our research since 2012.