Oracle Cloud Platform Review

Flexibility in supporting different capabilities and integrations make this excellent for moving to the cloud

What is our primary use case?

We are both users as well as a company of consultants who do the implementations of the product for customers. In comparison to an on-premises solution, I am going to say that simply the ease-of-implementation and ease-of-usage are the primary uses for us. The options and ease of deploying the cloud product make opportunities for us to work in different ways with our customers.

What is most valuable?

What is most valuable to me is a very general thing. It is just having the many options and features offered by the product. What I mean is features in terms of the accessibility of the internet, maybe some flexibility in supporting different capabilities and integrations. It is valuable to have that flexibility.

What needs improvement?

To improve this product is hard because it is already good and convenient. But I think that Oracle can add even more functionality. There are just certain functionalities that still need improvement or some brushing up and maturity to bring them up to where they should be. Even more integration and user-friendliness is possible in certain ways.

For example, at our company, we need to have some extra services right now to so we need to subscribe to them from another supplier. It would be nicer if these capabilities were already integrated as a part of the product. If some of these components could be built inside the cloud, that would simplify the architecture.

I have been using Oracle cloud for between four to five years in some form.

The stability for financials is okay. I work with it doing financials so that is what I know best. But other functionalities and practices we need to check out and test in the newer versions. I am not very aware of all the modules and all the broader possibilities. But for the financial, it is okay.

Scalability still is a question mark in some forms that we have not had to test out. It should be scalable because it is on the cloud and that is one of the advantages.

The Oracle technical support is okay. It is nothing great. It is the same way that it has always been now for the last 25 years. It has not changed with the onset of the cloud products. Oracle has been like that no matter whatever product of theirs they are supporting, the support you get from them is always the same.

You are looking at a cloud SaaS product, so installation and maintenance are not required. It is maintained by the Oracle providers themselves. So, I mean it is easy to setup in the first place.

Our deployment took somewhere between four to six months. When we work with clients, how long it takes depends on the customer needs and what kind of customers it is.

We did not need to use a consultant for the deployment or integration. That is because I am the consultant.

We have some form of a cloud solution in addition to our physical footprint. So we have a mix actually in our architecture. It is somewhat simple and maybe a little small, but it is all we need because we have a very small user base. We have plans to move everything entirely to the cloud.

Because we do client support and consulting, we only require internal staff for support of these products.

There is a subscription cost rather than licensing for this product.

What other advice do I have?

I do recommend the Oracle Cloud Platform. I recommend it for our use and we also do Oracle consulting. We use Oracle and we also recommend Oracle products.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as eight and one-quarter. It is better than an eight, but not so close to nine.

More Oracle Cloud Platform reviews from users
...who work at a Logistics Company
...who compared it with Amazon AWS
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Cloud Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.