Oracle Cloud Platform Review

Good database, but lots of issues around bugs and insufficient technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily deliver the solution to a variety of companies, including those involved in automotive logistics.

What is most valuable?

The database is very good. It provides exact data.

Overall, there are some very good features on Oracle and it offers good customization capabilities.

What needs improvement?

We've experienced some technical issues that have delayed projects. Bugs seem to pop up in new releases.

Technical support does not offer the best service and should be improved.

We've been using the solution for two to three years.

The stability of the solution is okay, but on the technical side, there is some troubleshooting that is needed. There aren't many people that can help with this in our region. It might be a problem in the Middle East.

The solution is scalable.

We've been in contact with technical support. We're able to create and rank tickets and escalate them if necessary. We do have issues that pop up from time to time, and it seems to take a while to get results. I'd rate the service level we receive three out of ten.

The setup wasn't necessarily straightforward, and we're still working on deployment, which we plan to complete in the coming year. The finalization of the setup was delayed when we had a few issues.

The project was very large and we handled it with the help of the ATSI team.

We're constantly looking for other options. Our team keeps an eye out for other solutions that could, for example, save us money.

What other advice do I have?

We run different applications on the Oracle Cloud platform and use the cloud deployment model.

We use the solution quite extensively on a daily basis.

Oracle is a good option for enterprise-level companies, but for small and medium-sized businesses, I'd recommend another option.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten.

More Oracle Cloud Platform reviews from users
...who work at a Logistics Company
...who compared it with Amazon AWS
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Cloud Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,719 professionals have used our research since 2012.