Oracle CRM Review
Customers have a 360-degree view, reduced operation cost and an improved market spending. Now with a robust Cloud based end to end Oracle Customer CX Solution

What is our primary use case?

Oracle/Siebel CRM On Premise Solution generally caters to Organization  Sales, Marketing, Service, Social, Partner, Channels, Call Center, Loyalty and many more business functions.

Though late entrant in the CRM Cloud space, Oracle already has introduced the next gen Cloud based CRM Solution as part of it's Oracle Customer Experience(CX) suite which is more modular, cloud based and tightly integrated with Customer Portal and Analytics business solutions. The core CRM functions are delivered through Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud CPQ Cloud, Commerce Cloud, Data Management Cloud, Engagement Cloud, Social Cloud and many more moduler but tightly integrated solutions. Customer can chooses what they require based on their business drivers.

What is most valuable?

Earlier On Premise Solution with features like Open UI, horizontal features: Service, call center, marketing, SFA, loyalty, dealer, robust real-time, batch integration tools, separate industry solutions for banking, finance, telecommunication, healthcare, retail, etc.

To add to the above On Premise Solution the new Oracle CX Solution comprising Sales, Service, Marketing, Loyalty, Data Management,  Social, Commerce  and  related Cloud Solutions come with a integrated framework and lesser integration cost/complexity. In addition it is modular and Customer can pick and choose, enables quick deployment and faster go to market and last but not the least less OPEX cost.

How has it helped my organization?

We implement for the customers and they were benefited by having a better 360-degree customer view, a reduced operation cost, an improved market spending and tracking its effectiveness, quick go-to-market, improved sales, SLA-based servicing etc.

What needs improvement?

Though late entrant in the Cloud  area for CRM area, Oracle introduced the next gen Cloud based CRM Solution as part of it's Oracle Customer Experience(CX) suite which is more modular, cloud based and tightly integrated with both it's Customer Portal Solutions and Analytics Business Solutions.  This is the future of Oracle CRM and it has addressed the gap earlier existed.

More than five years.

Sometimes, we encountered stability issues.

Sometimes, we encountered scalability issues but once the server, OS, network and database are properly configured the problem was less.

Technical support is very good.

It is not the most cost-effective on-premise solution but it is worth it. The Cloud version, Customer CX takes care of the user-based/transaction-based pricing.

We evaluated other solutions such as Amdocs Clarify, Oracle E-Business Suite SFDC CRM, etc.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good product with broad functions and industry-specific coverages.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a consulting company, Oracle is our partner.