Oracle Data Guard Review

Stable and scalable, with a simple setup

What is most valuable?

The solution is quite complete. The entire package, and all the features that come with it, is very good.

What needs improvement?

The pricing of the solution is quite high. They should do what they can to bring it down so that it is more reasonable for customers like us.

The response times for technical support can be quite slow. They should work to lower these wait times so there are fewer delays in assistance.

We've been using the solution for eight years.

The solution is quite stable. We haven't experienced any bugs, glitches, or crashes. We find it to be quite reliable.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand it they can.

We typically work with enterprise-level clients.

We've only reached out to technical support maybe one or two times. The technical support response times can be a bit long. However, overall, we've been satisfied with their level of assistance.

The initial setup is quite simple. I would describe it as straightforward. It's not complex.

What other advice do I have?

We're Oracle partners. We've worked with databases 11G and 12C.

If a company is planning to implement Oracle solutions, I would suggest they also implement Data Guard.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

More Oracle Data Guard reviews from users
...who compared it with IBM ProtectTIER
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Data Guard. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,536 professionals have used our research since 2012.