Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service Review

Good data storage, and easy initial setup with good overall stability

What is our primary use case?

Companies ask us to build a data warehouse for them, which is the primary use of the solution. We implement a data warehouse typology and architecture, build all data warehouse tables, data marts, or stack schemes, etc.

What is most valuable?

Oracle Data Integrator helps us build tables and data marts and allows us to schedule them daily, for nearly real-time data warehousing. I have also implemented Oracle Data Warehouse Data Integrators for file uploading to FTP servers, calling web services, and pulling or pushing data to web services. It's great for these tasks.

What needs improvement?

It would have been better if the solution could work from any browser. It works on a client but it would be better working from browsers.

I've been using the solution for seven or eight years.

The solution is very stable.

It's very scalable. My biggest client has about 200 users on the solution.

I've found technical support not very effective. They should work to improve their services.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I'm a consultant, I handled the implementation myself.

I'm a consultant, so I always use the customer's license. I don't know what my clients pay in terms of licenses.

We previously evaluated different solutions including Spoon and Kettle, among others. However, for data storage, Oracle is better.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. It's not that different from the cloud service. The GUI is the same, but the hosted version has a remote agent, so basically they are the same product.

I would recommend the solution. I'd rate it eight out of ten.

More Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service reviews from users