Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service Review

Provides quick and simple integration with all adapters included

What is our primary use case?

Oracle integration cloud is typically used for integrating into applications. We use it for SaaS finances and for CN-IBM Maximo. We also use Oracle integration cloud with the Oracle suite of products - Oracle EFP cloud, Oracle transportation management, and Oracle warehouse management. Finally, we also integrate with third-party applications like banks, third-party consumers. Integration is either across two different specs that are Oracle and non-Oracle, or within Oracle, and also with third-parties. These are the three main business use cases where we're using integration.

We have between eight and 10 different customers using Oracle integration cloud. I'm a systems integration partner in the company.

What is most valuable?

It's a reliable product. Oracle integration cloud has got the adapters for all their products, which makes the integration a little faster. It makes it easier to implement the integration quickly. It's one of the best features. All the features that other products bring such as the technical adapters from REST, SFTP, database adapters, and Clifton is all standard with Oracle.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be improved when it comes to bulk uploading. There are problems with it when you hit the upper limit. With business transactions there are no problems but the bulk uploads are an issue. The product could also be simplified in commercial terms which would make it more competitive. Right now, Oracle is losing market share to Dell Boomi and other open source solutions. Most of our customers want us to do provide a feature comparison. Commercial comparison is a little easier but feature comparison is what they're looking for.

An additional feature could be to improve the login. It's not that great and any problem in this chain requires a little more expertise where the logs make sense. They should try to make it more simplistic. There is some interface or dashboard error.

Aside from that I think they could make the price of the solution more competitive.

I've been using the solution for the last two years.

The solution is much more stable than it was two years ago. It's a stable product but unfortunately is not doing so well on the commercial side

It's very scalable now. They used to do things differently, based on the number of connections. I think now with increased transaction volumes we don't know what our needs will be but I think scalability is fine.

Technical support is generally okay, some ups and down.

Initial setup is straightforward and Oracle also provides training which helps us.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest for anyone using Oracle products that they go for oracle integration cloud, it's a good solution.

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.

More Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service reviews from users
...who compared it with Boomi AtomSphere Integration
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Matillion, MuleSoft and others in Cloud Data Integration. Updated: March 2021.
474,319 professionals have used our research since 2012.