Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Review

I just have to configure the knowledge module to perform data extractions from multiple sources. I think that job scheduling can be improved.

What is most valuable?

The ability to extract from multiple sources, the flexibility of using the Knowledge module, and the ergonomics of the GUI are the features I've found most valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

Before using ODI, I was forced to develop programs with multiple technologies (Java, Python) to extract data from multiple sources. Now with ODI, I just have to configure the knowledge module to perform the extraction.

What needs improvement?

I think that job scheduling can be improved.

I've used it for four years.

We've had no deployment issues.

I think that ODI 11g is very stable. I've had no issues with instability.

We've had no issues scaling it for our needs.

I have never contacted customer service or technical support of Oracle for this product. If I have a problem, I try to find a solution from the Oracle community.

I've used Microsoft, but I think that ODI is simpler to use and offers more flexibility.

The initial setup was a little complex because the architecture of the product was blurred, so I needed some weeks to understand it.

I implemented with our in-house team. You should try to have good documentation before using this product.

What other advice do I have?

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
author avatarBrian Dandeneau
TOP 5LEADERBOARDConsultant

This is great thanks for posting. Have you completed this in ODI12c? It would be interesting to see how the approach changes because of the differences in the versions.