Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Review

We like that v10 has a local database that allows you to train a client on.

What is most valuable?

The Knowledge Module is the most valuable feature in our experience with it.

How has it helped my organization?

This product can be installed on a desktop or a server to be operated. v10 has a local database that allows you to train a client for its use. This, of course, provides good knowledge transfer.

What needs improvement?

v12 has good features, but it needs to be certified with Hyperion EPM. Also, the Knowledge Module needs to be improved because it is the backbone of ODI. When we change the Knowledge Module, Oracle will not support the change in production.

There have been no issues with the deployment.

We have had no issues with the stability.

We have had scalability issues that were mainly due to a bad environment. Also, if ODI is not setup for scalability, load balancing becomes an issue.

7/10 because it is hard to find someone who has ODI knowledge on the first line of support. Oracle takes a long time to respond and to provide a fix for issues. It takes, sometimes, up to eight weeks before Oracle will say that the issue is a bug.

We previously used Informatica when it was used with Hyperion, but it is not certified for Hyperion now. ODI is less expensive, and it can be installed on a desktop or a server for implementation. With ODI, you can do transformations on the source, staging or target databases.

For me, it was straightforward if installing it on a desktop. There is more complexity when installing it on a server. Agents are involved and in v10, it was not easy to install even the agents.

We implemented it with a vendor or sub-vendor team with help from the client.

The ROI is good.

Oracle has increased the licensing price for ODI.

What other advice do I have?

Before implementing or designing, please have someone familiar with the product give their input. If your network is weak, the implementation may take more time.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're partners.