Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Review

A tool that can talk or learn how to talk, with any database or operating system in its own language.

What is most valuable?

Flexibility, ease of customization, extensive features, ease of deployment, and the ability to access to all kinds of different source system technologies. No need for extra hardware for transformation step. Easy to learn & develop.

Now, ODI has Cloud Service which you can deploy your repositories to Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service for you to use both on prem, Big Data and cloud environments.

Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) can support any type of databases that has a jdbc driver in a native way. I have accessed and retrieve data from an Ingress database. Big data connectors are implemented to ODI 11.1.1.7 (out-of-the-box) and upper version that support many well-known Big Data architecture.

Knowledge Module architecture helps you to build your data integration activities with less effort.

You can switch to source, staging area or target to improve your querying performance. If you have to do a join from different source systems, you can decide which data to move to where and figure out the place for best output.

Variables can help you to perform loops and conditional statements in packages for helping ETL

How has it helped my organization?

It helped me to reduce a slowly changing dimensions type 2 with the same output, from 22,000 seconds to 168 seconds.

Loaded 10.000+ files to a table from 1000+ different sources under 20 minutes with approximate 300GB of data per day.

What needs improvement?

They need to work on the multiuser development environment and include the ability to comply with different kinds of SDLCs.

I've been using it for more than 10 years, since Oracle acquired Sunopsis.

There were no issues with the deployment.

I've experienced no issues with performance. Since sky is the limit, you can do what you want to do within ODI in several ways.

It's been able to scale for our needs. ODI will fit your needs.

10. I generally create a service request per year and they are being solved within a week.

They're very efficient.

We switched because of ODIs impressive increasement in development productivity.

It was straightforward and very easy. Almost the same as setup>next> next>next.

In-house.

Worth every penny.

There are various options in licensing, either per seat or per target core count. It depends how you want to use it.

We also looked at Informatica Power Center, AbInitio, Business Objects Data Integrator (BODI), and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).

What other advice do I have?

If you want a robust, flexible solution with no extra hardware that is easy to learn, then ODI is the right product for you. ODI is a tool, that can talk or learn how to talk, with any database or operating system in its own language. This is the power of ODI.

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner