Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Review

A reduction in manual work during data integration is a welcomed improvement

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is a data integration and merging tool. It easily connects to many databases like MySql, SQL Server, etc. It's completely user-friendly. We can easily manage packages, ETL, and Procedures.

How has it helped my organization?

Before adopting this solution we used to work hard. We now feel better because our manual work is completely over.

What is most valuable?

We can easily create ETL processes and schedules. We can check logs on a daily basis. It handles multiple routines very smartly.

What needs improvement?

Overall the product is fine, but sometimes its reports unknown errors while we compile ETL scripts.

Three to five years.

My impressions are good in terms of the stability.

I find that the scalability of this solution is good.

Interaction with technical support is not my area.

Before this solution, we were using SQL Server.

I think that the initial setup is amazing.

We used a completely internal team to implement this solution.

We found that the cost compared to other integration tools is a little high, but the solution works great.

We evaluated SQL Server prior to choosing this solution.

1 Comment
Nida FatimaVendor

I wanted to know how simple it is to perform simple transformations in ODI? Let's say, I have an Excel file and I want to convert it to a delimited format. Is the process simple and straightforward, like in Centerprise Data Integrator? Or like Talend and other solutions, do we have to follow a multi-step process?

11 June 19