Oracle Data Quality Review
A good pick for a data quality management solution. I hope they add more instructions and examples to their online help.

Valuable Features

The most valuable features of this product for me:

1. Address verification
  2. Integrated data profiling, auditing, and cleansing.

Improvements to My Organization

We were able to automate our data profiling tasks that enabled us to identify and establish data quality rules and standards more efficiently. Since the rules are set up and integrated within the tool, it also facilitated an improvement in our data quality audit/validation and cleansing efforts. The address verification capability is also handy i.e. in making sure that our Customer and Supplier master data is accurate.

Room for Improvement

I hope they can add some more detailed instructions and examples to their Online Help documentation.

Use of Solution

I have been using this product for around 3 years now.

We used the Oracle Enterprise Data Quality (EDQ) Quick Start Windows Installer and did not encounter any issue, except in establishing the connectivity with Oracle Data Integrator due to versions compatibility constraints. We found the fix from My Oracle Support.

We have experienced some system crashes i.e. when tying to run Data Profiling Processes for very large data sets. We had to restart the EDQ Application Server to resolve the problem.

We encountered some troubles during our initial set up / installation and we had to re-do it all over again. We asked for assistance from the Vendor and the customer service we received is satisfactory.

We are doing the data quality processes manually prior to EDQ deployment.

The Oracle Enterprise Data Quality (EDQ) Quick Start Windows Installer that we used for the initial setup is fairly uncomplicated. The complicated part is setting up the Global Knowledge Repository setup (Loqate) as the installation instructions are not very straightforward.

Implementation Team

We implemented through an in-house team.

Other Advice

Oracle EDQ is indeed a state-of-the-art tool that will help you understand, improve, protect, and govern the quality of your enterprise data in a single integrated and collaborative environment. It is powerful yet easy to use. A good pick for a data quality management solution.